Sunday, March 20, 2011

Nap time!

I must say that although we have only been home for a few hours now, and I am already missing everyone! I must say that I continue to see God blessing the people working at Mission Waco and everyone that, in return, that gets to experience one of the many programs that they have for the homeless population. I am so thankful that we were able to experience life with the Mission Waco staff and community even if it was only for a few days. They are doing some amazing things!

Here is a group picture from this morning with our new Mission Waco t-shirts!



This morning we had a chance to attend Church Under the Bridge. It is held under an over pass under I-35 between 4th and 5th street. The community at this church is unlike any other. To look over a crowd to see the rich sitting with the poor, the Baylor students sitting with businessmen, and with people of all colors and sizes all worshiping the One True God was breath taking. It truly is a wonderful experience. We sang songs, enjoyed some fellowship, and even had communion. It is humbling to see so many people with so little be so generous. To see how they love each other and welcomed us really makes me think about how I treat others. They don't care how much I make in a year, or what clothes I'm wearing, or even the people I know. They saw us for who are- fellow brothers and sisters in the Lord. Something I could learn to do better. I'm sure that is something that a lot of us could work on. Here are a few pictures from church this morning!




















This trip was an amazing experience. Thank you to the parents that trusted us with your children this week. To have 45 4th and 5th graders give up part of their spring break to give back and serve strangers in Waco, Tx in the name of our God is such a great thing to see! God has some amazing things in store for those kids and our church because of them. I've already heard them talking about going on more mission trips. It was a true witness that you can never be to young to make a difference in this world! 

Also, a major thank you ALL of the adult leaders that made this trip a success. Thank you so much for your support and love for these kids and our God. Also, with your patience every time I lost my car keys :)

And I see with such joy in my heart that now it is finally...nap time! 

-Angela Platt

No comments:

Post a Comment